Data Analyst – Finance
The Gnomon Capital Group (GCG) is a global investment and technology commercialisation firm, expanding rapidly through the acquisition of companies in chosen areas. Through a hands-on, long-term investment approach we create value and enable growth in companies in the fields of global technology, fintech, software development and data networking. We are smart, ambitious and disruptive and have investments and subsidiaries around the world. We’re focused on enabling innovation by deploying deep knowledge, local expertise and the support of our longstanding strategic partnerships. As a young and agile group, GCG expects that its newly-acquired entities are ready and able to start operating very quickly, adhering to all Group operating policies and guidelines, and especially to meet deadlines. Headquartered in Vaduz, Liechtenstein, our subsidiaries have offices in Switzerland, the UK and elsewhere.
About this role
As a Data Analyst working with the Finance team you will be responsible for building finance data sets, advising on future data projects and building reports & analysis to ensure the finance team can make timely, informed decisions. You will combine your domain knowledge and experience of quantitative and statistical methods to ensure that our strategic objectives are firmly data driven. You will be responsible for maintaining the data quality and integrity of our financial data sets as well as building new data assets to ensure a comprehensive view of our financial data for internal stakeholders.
You will be a part of our wider Analytics community, whose analysis drives all of our decision-making, informs strategies and delivers detailed critiques of business
performance. You will be a key member of this team, owning major deliverables and working directly with our senior leadership every day.
Working as an embedded part of the Finance team, you will work directly with the Accountants, Finance Business Partners, and Finance Leadership across a wide
variety of different projects. You will be the primary provide of Data & Analytics skills into the Finance team, and work broadly across the function to help others achieve their objectives using information & insight.
This position requires limited International travel.
- Take responsibility for the end-to-end delivery of Finance Analytics requests.
- This will include everything from integrating new data sources to visualising data and presenting outputs
- Own the pipeline for finance data from the accounting system in to the data warehouse
- Understand the wider financial context from the company accountants and use it to produce summarized and commented month end reports
- Work with our Finance leadership to understand their major business problems, and help resolve them using data & analytics. You will be their main point of contact for all data related questions
- Define and measure business success, quality metrics, standards and reporting. You will use analytics best practices to review business performance
- Structure, analyze and report on performance from data extraction (SQL) to data management (Python) and visualization (Tableau)
- Assist in projects outside your core area, at times connecting to new and unexplored datasets, based on the overall needs of the organization
- Be an advanced level Tableau user
- Professional experience with Python and/or R
- Data management, manipulation and analysis skills
- SQL and relational database knowledge
- Be a driven learner, capable of identifying your own areas of self-development and then leveraging the team’s expertise to build your analytical knowledge and skills
- Be a patient & capable teacher & leader, able to effectively negotiate complex projects and deliver significant outcomes for senior, and potentially difficult clients
- Have proven experience of understanding and solving business problems
- Be an experienced communicator, able to communicate complex technical concepts to a non-technical audience
Nice to have
- Professional experience in finance sector
- Tableau Certified Data Analyst
We’re building the future of tech and it’s an exciting time to join us
As the Head of the Programme Management Office (PMO) you will direct and oversee Portfolio Management, Programme Management and Project Management providing leadership and coordination of the PMO activities and processes.Find out more
As a Data Analyst working with the Finance team you will be responsible for building finance data sets, advising on future data projects and building reports & analysis to ensure the finance team can make timely, informed decisions.Find out more
The Group Risk Manager will be responsible for advising the Executive Leadership (ExCo) team on potential risks to the business. They are expected to work with the ExCo in providing organisational expertise in risk management and use this to lead, develop, implement and continually evaluate how the organization recognises and addresses risk.Find out more
As Risk Management Coordinator you will be integral in supporting the optimal delivery for the risk management function. Reporting to the Group Risk Manager, you will be instrumental in ensuring risk information for the Group is accurate, up to date and informative.Find out more
As the Group Finance Integration Manager, you will be required to introduce and implement GCG’s standards and operations in newly-acquired entities so that they can become fully functional and operational in the Group context.Find out more
As Accounting specialist within the GCG, you will be supervising and taking care of the financials of a number of companies of our global group.Find out more
As Treasury Analyst within Gnomon Group, you will be taking care of cash and liquidity and FX management of a number of companies globally.Find out more