Group Risk Manager
Promethiem is a global investment and technology commercialisation firm. Based in Switzerland, but with a global distribution network, we combine Swiss precision with a startup’s agility and attitude.
For over a decade, we’ve been at the forefront of cutting-edge technology, working with startups across a range of sectors, including property, gaming, publishing, information, storage and security. We enable new opportunities through investment, IP and additional business services.
We’re growing at lightening pace and are looking for exceptional people who can help us realise our ambitions. As we build the future of tech, it’s an exciting time to join us.
About this role
The Group Risk Manager will be responsible for advising the Executive Leadership (ExCo) team on potential risks to the business. They are expected to work with the ExCo in providing organisational expertise in risk management and use this to lead, develop, implement and continually evaluate how the organization recognises and addresses risk. This includes establishing clear risk ownership and effective incident reporting and internal control system.
Key to the role is the fact that The Group Risk Manager will be responsible for ensuring that the company operates with an effective third line of defense. They will work with the operations and compliance teams to ensure that the three lines of defense principal is applied across the whole of the business.
Key areas of responsibility will be (but are not limited to):
- Ensuring the organisations risk appetite and tolerances are fit for purpose
- Risk KPI monitoring and performance reporting
- Maintaining and refining the Risk Register, incident reporting process as well as the Internal Control System
- Treatment monitoring
- Risk function project management
- Annual risk management assurance and auditing
- Incident reporting oversight
- Risk management trainings and support for all employees
- Internal control system coordination and ownership
- Incident reporting process
Track, monitor, audit and report on the enterprise risk management process for the organisation
- Enhance and grow the risk management process in place
- Grow risk management culture throughout the organisation
- Facilitate risk assessments that identify, describe and assess the risks affecting the organisation
- Produce regular and varied risk reporting to assist management with risk based decision making
- Analyse documents, statistics, reports and market trends for risk assessment purposes
- Ensure that appropriate risk and risk assurance processes are in place to further protect the organisation and the reputation of its brands
- Maintain and update the organisation's 'risk appetite' as and when required
- Advise on corporate governance involving risk reporting to stakeholders
- Conduct risk audits of policy and process to agreed standards, including liaisons with internal and external auditors
- Generate and manage annual risk assurance audit plan
- Risk and control register management
- Deliver/update incident reporting, ICS and risk management related Policy, and Procedure and other guidance as required
- Lead and support treatment management
- Lead and/or perform internal investigations, as required
- Update, audit and maintin the organisations internal control system
- Establish and grow the incident reporting process
You will need to have:
- Minimum three years’ experience in a similar risk management role
- An in depth understanding of the three lines of defense model and demonstrable experience of using it successfully
- Proven track record in developing risk management processes that support a regulated business in protecting its ability to trade
- Experience with committess, senior management reporting
- Experience with working across large organisations in dynamic environments across geographical locations
- Experience of designing and undertaking risk-based risk management audits
- Experience with risk workshop facilitiation techniques
- Experience with risk reporting and monitoring systems
The above list of duties is not exclusive or exhaustive and the post holder will be required to undertake tasks that are reasonably expected within the scope and grading of the post.
The following signatures indicate that this job description has been discussed thoroughly with the employee and the employee agrees that the job description constitutes the terms of employment.
We’re building the future of tech and it’s an exciting time to join us
Interested in becoming part of our team and bringing our ambitions to life? Take a look at our current roles.Explore careers
We’re also keen to hear from exceptional people who can add value to our business. If that’s you, please get in touch.Get in touch
As the Head of the Programme Management Office (PMO) you will direct and oversee Portfolio Management, Programme Management and Project Management providing leadership and coordination of the PMO activities and processes.Find out more
As a Data Analyst working with the Finance team you will be responsible for building finance data sets, advising on future data projects and building reports & analysis to ensure the finance team can make timely, informed decisions.Find out more
The Group Risk Manager will be responsible for advising the Executive Leadership (ExCo) team on potential risks to the business. They are expected to work with the ExCo in providing organisational expertise in risk management and use this to lead, develop, implement and continually evaluate how the organization recognises and addresses risk.Find out more
As Risk Management Coordinator you will be integral in supporting the optimal delivery for the risk management function. Reporting to the Group Risk Manager, you will be instrumental in ensuring risk information for the Group is accurate, up to date and informative.Find out more
As the Group Finance Integration Manager, you will be required to introduce and implement GCG’s standards and operations in newly-acquired entities so that they can become fully functional and operational in the Group context.Find out more
As Accounting specialist within the GCG, you will be supervising and taking care of the financials of a number of companies of our global group.Find out more
As Treasury Analyst within Gnomon Group, you will be taking care of cash and liquidity and FX management of a number of companies globally.Find out more