Head of programme management office
Promethiem is a global investment and technology commercialisation firm. Based in Switzerland, but with a global distribution network, we combine Swiss precision with a startup’s agility and attitude.
For over a decade, we’ve been at the forefront of cutting-edge technology, working with startups across a range of sectors, including property, gaming, publishing, information, storage and security. We enable new opportunities through investment, IP and further business services.
As the Head of the Programme Management Office (PMO) you will direct and oversee Portfolio Management, Programme Management and Project Management providing leadership and coordination of the PMO activities and processes.
You will manage an experienced team, advise stakeholders, the leadership team and executives on the status of projects and programmes within your portfolio and ensure successful delivery against strategy.
As Head of PMO you will be responsible for the direction and leadership of a team of project and programme managers with experience in technology, change, office relocation and business projects. This is a high profile role with constant interaction with the executive leadership team, and visibility across the company working on enterprise projects. You will be responsible for ensuring the executive leadership oversight of all projects, working with other project teams across the company to coordinate the Portfolio view, to deliver the department’s objectives, and provide clear direction, support and planning.
As part of this role, you will be expected to travel.
Key responsibilities include:
- Overall responsibility for Portfolio Management activities across one or more portfolios including ownership and management of Group PMO tool
- Support the decision-making on projects/programme from prioritisation through to issue resolution by providing meaningful and insightful portfolio reporting
- Programme Management & Project Management for a selection of Group-wide programmes & projects
- Day-to-Day line management of the team of project and programme managers including objective setting, appraisals and regular performance reviews.
- Proactively engage with Directors and senior managers to identify opportunities for business improvements
- Manage project submissions through the agreed approval and prioritisation process, maintaining a pipeline of approved projects and assigning these to the appropriate PjM or PgM in the team
- Ensure delivery teams deliver on strategic priorities and roadmaps
- Act as a bridge between stakeholders, and other project teams across the organisation
- Responsible and accountable for implementing the department strategy and delivering against the department OKRs
- Implement and ensure compliance to policies, standards, and procedures as agreed by the Snr Director, and drive the team towards department aspirations and goals
- Assist the Snr Director in the development of departmental strategy
- Lead, manage and develop the team to ensure it achieves the highest possible standard of excellence in all its activities
- Act as a role model for their team through consistently demonstrating high levels of leadership skills, project management competency, and total quality management
- Motivate all team members, creating a positive, encouraging and effective working environment
- Develop current team capability through coaching, mentorship, on-the-job experience, lessons-learned, training & leading by example
- Ensure appropriate project reporting is undertaken in line with project governance standards, including reporting to programme boards, and the Executive team
- Ensure central repository is up to date and constantly improved
You will need to have:
- Significant years of experience (5+ years) in PPP (Portfolio, Programme and Project Management) in a technology, change, business projects, working in fast-paced and agile environments
- Proven experience of working with globally distributed teams and stakeholders
- Proven track record in setting up PMO and Portfolio Governance & Reporting, successfully managing and leading programmes on a global basis or spanning across multiple departments & clients
- Ability to summarise and critically evaluate project plans, reports and risks created by others in order to inform and guide senior stakeholders.
- Personable character and an exceptional communicator – ability to communicate effectively at the highest level both written and verbal
- Ability to influence and engage stakeholders to understand and develop a better understanding of what Governance & Reporting best practice looks like
- Highly organised – with excellent attention to detail and commitment to quality, setting high standards for their team
- Great people management skills with ability to build, guide and motivate teams, enthusiastic about people development. Experience in coaching and developing PMO personnel is desirable
- Willingness to travel on an ad hoc basis, as required
- An understanding and appreciation of how to lead and manage change
- Qualification in project management or equivalent preferred (Agile, Prince2, Scrum)
- Proven ability to prioritise based upon changing commercial pressures; flexible and calm under pressure
- Facilitator and networker able to build strong relationships across cross functional teams
- An understanding of the links between agile development and roadmap planning
- Experience of annual planning cycles
- Self-starter, used to working independently but also under direction
- Experience working in a fast paced and agile environment comfortable with constant change
- Confidence to engage and manage stakeholders at different levels of seniority across the company
- Active contributor and collaborator in a team environment
- Excellent knowledge and proficiency in MS Office
- Passion for the technology industry and its best practices
- Strong desire to learn, highly motivated along with a professional drive
- Proficiency using project management tools
- Fluent in English, and other languages would be advantageous
What’s in it for you?
- We offer you a seat on the rocket ship of a dynamic team in a fast-growing company in the technology space.
- Working in a brand new, ultra-modern office in Baar, who are technologically well-equipped for home office flexibility.
- International, friendly and inclusive multi-cultural environment with an employee well-being focus
- Learning and growth opportunities every day
- Sociable working environment with regular company events
- An exceptional pension fund plan
- Excellent social insurance benefits
We’re building the future of tech and it’s an exciting time to join us
Interested in becoming part of our team and bringing our ambitions to life? Take a look at our current roles.Explore careers
We’re also keen to hear from exceptional people who can add value to our business. If that’s you, please get in touch.Get in touch
As the Head of the Programme Management Office (PMO) you will direct and oversee Portfolio Management, Programme Management and Project Management providing leadership and coordination of the PMO activities and processes.Find out more
As a Data Analyst working with the Finance team you will be responsible for building finance data sets, advising on future data projects and building reports & analysis to ensure the finance team can make timely, informed decisions.Find out more
The Group Risk Manager will be responsible for advising the Executive Leadership (ExCo) team on potential risks to the business. They are expected to work with the ExCo in providing organisational expertise in risk management and use this to lead, develop, implement and continually evaluate how the organization recognises and addresses risk.Find out more
As Risk Management Coordinator you will be integral in supporting the optimal delivery for the risk management function. Reporting to the Group Risk Manager, you will be instrumental in ensuring risk information for the Group is accurate, up to date and informative.Find out more
As the Group Finance Integration Manager, you will be required to introduce and implement GCG’s standards and operations in newly-acquired entities so that they can become fully functional and operational in the Group context.Find out more
As Accounting specialist within the GCG, you will be supervising and taking care of the financials of a number of companies of our global group.Find out more
As Treasury Analyst within Gnomon Group, you will be taking care of cash and liquidity and FX management of a number of companies globally.Find out more